Workplace Accidents Can Leave You With Many Types Of Losses
Accidents on the job can result in serious injuries and extended time off the job. If you were injured in a job-related accident — regardless of fault or circumstances — you may be entitled to medical and wage benefits under Georgia workers’ compensation. Additionally, if the negligence of a third party caused or contributed to your work accident, you might have grounds to a separate lawsuit against that party.
Skibiel Law in Jonesboro helps victims of workplace accidents recover as fully as possible through access to quality medical care and maximum compensation for their injuries and losses. We advocate for clients in Hapeville, Atlanta and the surrounding counties of Georgia.
Hapeville Attorneys For Work-Related Injury Or Fatality
In his 25 years of practice in workers’ compensation law, Mark A. Skibiel has handled every type of workplace accident, including:
- Lifting injuries (back injuries, shoulder and knee injuries)
- Falling accidents (heights, ladders, slippery floors)
- Machinery and equipment accidents
- On-duty vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Electrical shock
- Fires and explosions
- Toxic exposures
- Workplace violence
- Workplace fatalities
|What Constitutes A “Workplace” Accident?
Compensable accidents do not always occur in the traditional workplace. You might be able to claim workers’ comp if you were injured in the company parking lot, in your own car, at a construction site or at a customer’s place of business. It’s not where you were injured, but whether the accident was work-related. Our attorneys are skilled and experienced at establishing that clients were “on duty” for purposes of workers’ compensation.
Third-Party Liability For Work Accidents
In most cases, employers must provide benefits even if workplace accidents stem from the worker’s own negligence or clumsiness. The trade-off is that workers cannot sue their employers or co-workers for negligence.
However, you may have a claim against other entities outside the chain of employment. Our lawyers are mindful of potential third-party claims beyond the limited benefits of workers’ comp. We can explore lawsuits for personal injury or wrongful death against manufacturers, subcontractors, property owners, utility companies, motorists or other parties.
Proven Advocates For Injured Georgia Workers
Call us locally at 770-872-4329 or toll-free at 877-874-6650 to schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced Jonesboro workplace accident lawyer. You may also contact us online. We handle cases on a contingency basis, meaning there are no attorney’s fees unless we make a recovery for you.*
Se habla español.
*You may be responsible for any court costs or additional legal expenses should your case go to trial.
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
– Timmy A.