Mark A. Skibiel
The law office of Mark A. Skibiel provides legal representation to people injured on the job and injured in motor vehicle collisions. Mark A. Skibiel began his legal career in 1991. During the first year of his practice, Mark worked for a law firm in Macon, Georgia, where he represented insurance companies in workers’ compensation and motor vehicle collision claims.
Mark A. Skibiel grew up in a family of blue collar workers. After a year of working for insurance companies, Mark realized his calling was to represent the victims of work accidents and auto collisions and not the insurance companies. Mark has first hand knowledge of the devastating affects that a work accident or a motor vehicle collision can have on you and your family. Mark's father was injured on the job several times during his career as an iron worker. Two of Mark's brothers had career ending work accidents involving knee and neck injuries.
Since 1992 Mark A. Skibiel has successfully represented thousands of clients against insurance companies in work and auto collision claims. Mark A. Skibiel has handled all types of injury claims from death and catastrophic to minor injuries.
Mark and his staff understand that the laws that apply to injury claims are complex. From our first meeting, we educate our clients about their rights as well as their responsibilities.
Mark and his staff approach each claim by putting themselves in the "shoes" of their clients they represent. We understand the importance of obtaining prompt quality medical care for our clients and ensuring the timely delivery income benefits as well as recovering the best settlement possible.
Mark A. Skibiel has been practicing law since 1991. He resides with his wife and their 6 children in Brooks, Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Georgia, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1991
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D - 1991
- Honors: cum laude
- Lock Haven University, PA
- B.S - 1985
- Major: Secondary Education
- Speaker, State Board of Workers' Compensation Regional Seminar: Case Law Update, 2014
- Speaker, Workers' Compensation Institute: Idiopathic Injuries, 2014
- Speaker, "Workers' Compensation For the General Practitioner", Clayton County Bar Association Seminar, 2013
- Speaker, "Workers' Compensation Law", Fayette County Bar Association Seminar, 2013
- Speaker, "Handling a Workers' Compensation Case", Fayette County Bar Association Seminar, 2009 to 2009
- Speaker, "Workers' Compensation Claims", State Bar of Georgia , 2001 to 2001
- Speaker, "Workers' Compensation Claims", Spalding County Radio Program, 1998 to 1998
Honors and Awards
- President's Award - Clayton County Bar Association, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Personal Injury Section, 2002 to Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Workers' Compensation Section, 2002 to Present
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Win Pac, Board Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers' Compensation Section, Member
- Clayton County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Chambless, Higdon & Carson, Associate , 1991 to 1992
- South Fulton Board of Education , Teacher, 1985 to 1988
Pro Bono Activities
- Adult Choir, St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church, 1996 to 2002
- Building Committee, St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church, 2002 to 2002
- Pastoral Council, St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church, 2001 to 2001
- Assistant Den Leader, Cub Scout Troop l 18, 2003 to 2005
- Brooks Area Recreation, Baseball Coach, 2005 to Present
- Brooks Area Recreation, Committee Member, 2008 to Present
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 76, Committee Member, 2006 to 2007
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 76, Committee Chair, 2008 to Present
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 76, Treasurer, 2008 to Present
- Career Day Participant - Whitewater Middle School - 2007, 2010, 2013
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workers’ Compensation FAQ
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
– Timmy A.