Skilled Representation In Burn Injury Cases
It does not take much to sustain a burn injury. Even what seems like a minor burn can result in serious tissue damage and lasting injuries. If you were involved in an on-the-job accident that resulted in serious burns, we can help.
At Skibiel Law, we aggressively pursue workers’ compensation and other benefits on behalf of injured workers and their families. Our founding attorney Mark A. Skibiel has 25 years of experience handling burn injury cases for workers seeking workers’ compensation benefits for the losses they have sustained. If you have a case in Jonesboro, Atlanta, McDonough or any of the surrounding areas, consult with our firm to learn more about how we can help after a burn injury.
Common Causes Of Workplace Burns
Burn injuries can result from a wide range of accidents, including:
- Electrocution: Exposed wires and unsecured electrical materials can expose a worker to potential electrocution when proper safety precautions are not taken.
- Chemical exposure: Certain types of chemicals are prone to creating burns if they are handled improperly or an accident occurs resulting in toxic spills and fumes that can cause burns to the lungs and skin.
- Fires and explosions: Whether a controlled fire became too large, a piece of equipment started a fire, or an explosion suddenly rocked the workplace, the heat of these incidents can not only directly burn victims, but also cause burns to individuals who were not at the center of the accident.
The Impact Of Burn Injuries
Whether you have suffered a first-degree, second-degree or third-degree burn, any degree of burn can have a serious impact on the rest of your life. Even after the initial burns heal, burn patients often require additional medical care. Secondary injuries can occur, such as infections that cause additional pain and suffering. Many burns also may need future treatment with skin grafts. Plastic surgery may be required to correct any scarring and/or disfigurement that may occur.
Throughout the process of evaluating your case and structuring your claim, Mark A. Skibiel will provide you with the information you need to understand your case. He will guide you through the process and help you to achieve the maximum amount of compensation whenever possible.
Contact A Dedicated Workplace Accident Lawyer In Georgia
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workers’ Compensation FAQ
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
– Timmy A.