Professional Support For Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
In Georgia, employers with three or more employees are required to provide workers’ compensation for those injured on the job. However, many companies and their insurers will try to minimize the compensation that you could be entitled to.
To protect your right to workers’ compensation benefits, you should consult with an experienced Jonesboro workers’ compensation attorney. Since 1992, Skibiel Law has helped thousands of injured workers receive the medical care and compensation they deserve.
Advocating For Prompt Payment And Quality Medical Care
Our role as your advocate is to ensure the prompt payment of income benefits and delivery of quality medical care following a serious on-the-job accident. We represent truckers, construction workers, manufacturers, utility employees, restaurant staff, retail workers and many other workers.
The possible injuries from a work accident can vary widely, and they may involve:
- Back and neck injuries: Herniated disks and other injuries involving the neck or back can cause severe pain and stiffness. In extreme cases, they can also affect the nerves within the spinal cord.
- Brain and spinal cord injuries: These injuries often affect nerves, memory or cognitive functions. In some cases, spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia. Severe brain trauma could be fatal.
- Amputation injuries: Loss of limb is usually devastating. It might prevent you from working, driving or living independently.
- Repetitive use injuries: Repeated muscle movement at work may lead to permanent damage and conditions such as arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome. This damage could keep you from doing your job without intense pain, and sometimes it may also lead to physical limitations that make your job impossible to do.
- Burn injuries: Serious burns can lead to scarring, disfigurement, pain and severe tissue damage. Explosions, fires, chemicals and sources of high heat like ovens or kilns put workers at risk of burn injuries.
We seek to maximize your workers’ compensation settlement to ensure you receive the income benefits and medical benefits you are entitled to under Georgia workers’ compensation laws. We will explain your rights using plain language and help you understand what to do if you’re injured on the job to ensure those rights are protected immediately following an accident and throughout your recovery.
In cases involving catastrophic injuries or death, our lawyer will aggressively seek compensation for transportation, housing, attendant care and vocational services for family members of the deceased through survivor’s benefits.
We Match Our Services To Your Needs
Our attorneys have cross-disciplinary knowledge, which is especially useful if you have multiple concerns about your case. If a work accident caused a disability, we can help you apply for Social Security Disability benefits in addition to workers’ compensation benefits. If your work accident involved a motor vehicle crash, our experienced lawyers can assist you with insurance and other related matters.
We have obtained many successful case results through aggressive negotiation or litigation. Whatever your circumstances, we are committed to defending your rights against reluctant insurance companies. If you have questions about the legal process or your options, we can give you clear and helpful answers.
Contact An Attorney With Proven Results For Your Case
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious job injury, don’t wait to get the compensation you deserve. Call us locally at 770-872-4329 or toll-free at 877-874-6650 to schedule your free initial consultation today. You may also contact us online. We handle cases on a contingency basis, meaning there are no attorney’s fees unless we make a recovery for you. Se habla español.
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
Mark was very knowledgeable and kept me informed with my case. He wasn’t intimidated with the large law firm. I know for a fact that without his expertise and diligent work ethic my settlement wouldn’t have reached the amount it did. He worked far beyond what I expected, meeting with the company doctor, therapist, and insurance representatives. HAVE A TALK WITH HIM ITS FREE!!!!!
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
Mark takes the time to get to know you as a person, not just as a case. He’s an attorney you can trust to keep you informed on every aspect of the case. I received all info about the case as soon as he did, and Mark carefully answered every question that I asked. I would recommend Mark to anyone who is in need of an honest attorney.
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
When my adjuster refused to pay for lost wages and for prescriptions, I felt the need to hire an attorney. After a brief consultation, I hired Mark. Within days, I saw results in my case. Everything that happened in my case went exactly as he told me it would happen in our initial consultation. When we went to the hearing, it seemed very one-sided and we won “hands down.” From start to finish, my case lasted less than nine months. My lost wages were recovered, and a sizeable settlement as well. Kudos Mark.
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
Mark explained, in detail, how the law would apply to my case and assured me it would take some time for me to accomplish my goal. During my case Mark and his staff kept my wife and me informed and updated. Every time my wife or I called Mark’s office we were able to get a response from either him or his staff. When we settled my case, it was more than I ever expected. Mark and his staff were professional in handling my claim. My experience with Mark and his office was wonderful!
– Timmy A.