Professional Support For Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
In Georgia, employers with three or more employees are required to provide workers’ compensation for those injured on the job. However, many companies and their insurers will try to minimize the compensation that you could be entitled to.
To protect your right to workers’ compensation benefits, you should consult with an experienced Jonesboro workers’ compensation attorney. Since 1992, Skibiel Law has helped thousands of injured workers receive the medical care and compensation they deserve.
Advocating For Prompt Payment And Quality Medical Care
Our role as your advocate is to ensure the prompt payment of income benefits and delivery of quality medical care following a serious on-the-job accident. We represent truckers, construction workers, manufacturers, utility employees, restaurant staff, retail workers and many other workers.
The possible injuries from a work accident can vary widely, and they may involve:
- Back and neck injuries: Herniated disks and other injuries involving the neck or back can cause severe pain and stiffness. In extreme cases, they can also affect the nerves within the spinal cord.
- Brain and spinal cord injuries: These injuries often affect nerves, memory or cognitive functions. In some cases, spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia. Severe brain trauma could be fatal.
- Amputation injuries: Loss of limb is usually devastating. It might prevent you from working, driving or living independently.
- Repetitive use injuries: Repeated muscle movement at work may lead to permanent damage and conditions such as arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome. This damage could keep you from doing your job without intense pain, and sometimes it may also lead to physical limitations that make your job impossible to do.
- Burn injuries: Serious burns can lead to scarring, disfigurement, pain and severe tissue damage. Explosions, fires, chemicals and sources of high heat like ovens or kilns put workers at risk of burn injuries.
We seek to maximize your workers’ compensation settlement to ensure you receive the income benefits and medical benefits you are entitled to under Georgia workers’ compensation laws. We will explain your rights using plain language and help you understand what to do if you’re injured on the job to ensure those rights are protected immediately following an accident and throughout your recovery.
In cases involving catastrophic injuries or death, our lawyer will aggressively seek compensation for transportation, housing, attendant care and vocational services for family members of the deceased through survivor’s benefits.
We Match Our Services To Your Needs
Our attorneys have cross-disciplinary knowledge, which is especially useful if you have multiple concerns about your case. If a work accident caused a disability, we can help you apply for Social Security Disability benefits in addition to workers’ compensation benefits. If your work accident involved a motor vehicle crash, our experienced lawyers can assist you with insurance and other related matters.
We have obtained many successful case results through aggressive negotiation or litigation. Whatever your circumstances, we are committed to defending your rights against reluctant insurance companies. If you have questions about the legal process or your options, we can give you clear and helpful answers.
Contact An Attorney With Proven Results For Your Case
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious job injury, don’t wait to get the compensation you deserve. Call us locally at 770-968-3445 or toll-free at 877-874-6650 to schedule your free initial consultation today. You may also contact us online. We handle cases on a contingency basis, meaning there are no attorney’s fees unless we make a recovery for you. Se habla español.