Harmonizing Your Medical Care With Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
Depending on the nature of your injury, you may need further diagnostic testing, a second opinion, additional surgery or physical therapy to achieve maximum recovery. However, sometimes insurance companies do not see these services as essential or covered under your workers’ compensation claims. To protect your workers’ compensation claim, consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney.
At Skibiel Law, we represent employees throughout the Atlanta metro area and surrounding counties seeking workers’ compensation after sustaining a serious injury at the workplace. From herniated disks to carpal tunnel, we use our resources to ensure you receive the coverage you need and deserve.
Handling Issues With Medical Treatment And The Panel Of Physicians
Under Georgia’s workers’ compensation law, each employer must provide injured workers with a list of six different physicians who have agreed to handle workplace accident claims. This list must be posted somewhere where all employees can see it.
The panel of physicians usually consists of doctors chosen by your employer or their workers’ compensation insurer. Sometimes these physicians may attempt to minimize your injury on the insurance company’s behalf. We will defend your right to seek a second opinion. We will also determine whether your employer has complied with all state laws regarding the panel of physicians. If your employer fails to comply with state laws regarding the panel of physicians, you may be entitled to choose your own physician for treatment.
Pursuing Reasonable Medical Care
We have the experience necessary to ensure you receive the appropriate treatment for your medical needs. If your insurance company denied your claim or discontinued medical care, we will take the legal action best suited to protect your medical rights, including:
- Filing a hearing request before an administrate law judge under the trial division of the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation
- Gathering all necessary documentation, including medical records and accident reports, to demonstrate your right to additional medical care
- Aggressively negotiating a fair settlement that covers your medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Taking your case to trial if necessary to defend your right to receive fair compensation
Protect Your Workers’ Compensation Claim – Contact Our Firm
If you have been denied medical care or you have experienced medical treatment problems after a workplace accident, you deserve experienced legal representation combined with compassionate client service. Call us locally at 770-872-4329 or toll-free at 877-874-6650 to schedule a free initial consultation with Mark A. Skibiel. You can also send us an email using our online contact form.
Se habla español.
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
– Timmy A.