Securing Income Benefits After A Work Injury
Workers who suffer serious injuries or disability after a workplace accident are entitled to receive weekly income benefits and medical benefits through workers’ compensation. Since 1992, Skibiel Law has represented disabled workers throughout the Atlanta metro area. Our clients include construction workers, restaurant workers, manufacturers, utility workers, retail employees among many others.
Temporary Total, Temporary Partial And Permanent Partial Disability Income Benefits
There are three types of income benefits you may be entitled to following a job accident. We will examine your case and evaluate whether you qualify for:
- Temporary total disability benefits (TTD) – If your treating physician is of the opinion that a work injury prevents you from working or your treating physician limits your ability to work and your employer is unable to accommodate these limitations, then you are entitled to a weekly TTD benefit. This benefit is equivalent to two-thirds of your average weekly wage. This wage is capped at a certain amount depending on the date of your injury.
- Temporary partial disability benefits (TPD) – If you are able to return to work but earn less money as a direct result of the physical limitations of your injuries, you are entitled to two-thirds of the difference between your pre-accident wage and your current wage.
- Permanent partial disability (PPD) – If your work injury is permanent as determined by your treating physician and the AMA Guidelines for Permanent Impairment, you are entitled to a PPD benefit. This benefit is typically paid near the end of your claim or medical treatment. The amount paid is determined by the nature of your injury and your average weekly wage. Simply put, TPD and TTD benefits are based on your diminished ability to work such as if you are recovering from a broken arm, serious back injury or any other injury. On the other hand, PPD benefits are based on your loss of functional use as in an amputation injury, paralysis or other serious injury.
We can help you determine which type of income benefits you qualify for, and then work diligently to ensure you receive them promptly.
Having Problems Returning To Work?
If you are being harassed by your supervisor upon your return to work after an injury, you may have rights. If your boss is requiring more of you than your doctor recommended or reducing your hours because of your inability to work we may, depending on the circumstances, be able to start or restart TTD or TPD income benefits.
To learn more about your rights to Georgia workers’ compensation income benefits, contact our firm in Jonesboro by calling 770-872-4329 or toll free at 877-874-6650 to schedule a free initial consultation. You may also contact us online.
Se habla español.
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
– Timmy A.