Was The Other Driver’s Attention Diverted By A Cellphone?
Despite the proven dangers of texting while driving — and Georgia’s law against it — some drivers cannot resist. All too often, text messaging and other distractions result in serious traffic accidents. If a driver preoccupied with a cellphone caused your injury crash, you deserve to be fully compensated for the aftermath in your life.
Skibiel Law has represented auto accident victims since 1992. We have observed the trend in distracted driving accidents and witnessed firsthand the devastating impact on individuals and families. We work hard to hold negligent drivers and insurance companies accountable for our clients’ medical needs, financial hardships and lasting injuries.
Reckless And Distracted Driving Have Extreme Costs
Text messaging and cellphone use in general are not compatible with safe driving. It is no exaggeration to compare texting while driving to drunk driving. Reaction times are as slow as those of an intoxicated driver, and drivers preoccupied by text messages or dialing numbers are more likely to veer out of their lane, run a red light or rear-end other vehicles. Thus, the injuries in distracted driving accidents often are more severe than a typical motor vehicle collision, and more likely to result in fatality.
For this reason, Georgia statute outlaws texting, emailing or Internet surfing while driving. It is also illegal for drivers under age 18 to use a cellphone or wireless device for any purpose while driving. Although it is not against the law for adults to talk on a cellphone while driving, it can dangerously divide the driver’s attention. (Even a hands-free phone increases the likelihood of a crash.)
In the course of establishing liability for a car accident, our legal team investigates evidence of careless or distracted driving, such as:
- Sending or reading texts while driving
- Talking on a cellphone
- Changing the music
- Reading a book, map or GPS device
- Applying makeup or shaving
- Bending down or reaching into the back seat
- Pets riding on the dashboard or front seat
- Booming music or rowdy passengers
Personal injury lawyer Mark A. Skibiel draws on his 25 years of experience to your full advantage in dealing with insurance adjusters, negotiating an injury settlement, or pursuing justice in a court of law. He will take the time to explain your rights and explore all damages you may be entitled to. We are committed to your full recovery in the medical, financial and personal sense.
Contact A Skilled, Compassionate Lawyer With Proven Results
We have achieved notable case results on behalf of injury clients in the Metro Atlanta area. To discuss your case today with a texting while driving accident attorney in Jonesboro, call us locally at 770-872-4329 or toll-free at 877-874-6650 for a free consultation with Mark A. Skibiel. You may also contact us online.
Se habla español.
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workers’ Compensation FAQ
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
– Timmy A.