Answers To Common Questions About Workers’ Compensation Claims
Workers’ compensation cases are sensitive, and benefits are usually vital for the employee. It is important to have the information you need to make sure you are being treated fairly.
If The Accident Was My Fault, Can I Still Get Benefits?
Generally, fault does not impact your ability to claim workers’ compensation benefits. If you made a mistake at work, you can still file your claim. However, if you were working while intoxicated or failed a drug test, you may face an additional risk to your case. Your lawyer can help you assess the situation and support your claim.
What If A Third Party Caused My Work Injury?
It is possible that a different company, driver or another party is responsible for your injuries. This is especially common on construction sites, which often contain multiple contractors working together. You may be able to sue a third party whose negligence caused your accident or illness.
If My Employer Fires Me, Can I Still File A Claim?
While your employer cannot retaliate simply because you file a workers’ compensation claim, they may have a just cause to fire you. Depending on the circumstances, being fired can affect your case – but it does not mean that you automatically lose your chance to get compensation. Discuss your case with a qualified Georgia attorney if you are not sure what your options are.
What Can I Do If My Workers’ Compensation Claim Was Rejected?
Claim denial is surprisingly common – even for legitimate claims. Insurance companies may deny workers’ compensation claims for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, your lawyer can help you appeal their decision and prepare a strong claim on your behalf.
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
Mark was very knowledgeable and kept me informed with my case. He wasn’t intimidated with the large law firm. I know for a fact that without his expertise and diligent work ethic my settlement wouldn’t have reached the amount it did. He worked far beyond what I expected, meeting with the company doctor, therapist, and insurance representatives. HAVE A TALK WITH HIM ITS FREE!!!!!
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
Mark takes the time to get to know you as a person, not just as a case. He’s an attorney you can trust to keep you informed on every aspect of the case. I received all info about the case as soon as he did, and Mark carefully answered every question that I asked. I would recommend Mark to anyone who is in need of an honest attorney.
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
When my adjuster refused to pay for lost wages and for prescriptions, I felt the need to hire an attorney. After a brief consultation, I hired Mark. Within days, I saw results in my case. Everything that happened in my case went exactly as he told me it would happen in our initial consultation. When we went to the hearing, it seemed very one-sided and we won “hands down.” From start to finish, my case lasted less than nine months. My lost wages were recovered, and a sizeable settlement as well. Kudos Mark.
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
Mark explained, in detail, how the law would apply to my case and assured me it would take some time for me to accomplish my goal. During my case Mark and his staff kept my wife and me informed and updated. Every time my wife or I called Mark’s office we were able to get a response from either him or his staff. When we settled my case, it was more than I ever expected. Mark and his staff were professional in handling my claim. My experience with Mark and his office was wonderful!
– Timmy A.