Know Your Rights Following A Work Accident
Workers’ compensation is a Georgia law that provides injured employees with medical care and income benefits when they can’t work, and helps injured employees return to work. As a covered worker, you have rights under the law that your employer cannot take away.
For a free consultation about your rights and obligations as an injured worker, call Skibiel Law at 770-400-0963 or toll-free at 877-874-6650. With convenient office locations in Jonesboro and Atlanta, our lawyers serve clients in the Metro Atlanta area and throughout Georgia.
What Are My Rights As An Injured Worker?
An injured employee’s rights include:
- A choice of a physician from the employer’s list of doctors
- Payment of reasonable and necessary medical treatment by the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company
- Payment of medical treatment received on emergency basis
- Payment for a second opinion by a doctor of the injured worker’s choice, so long as the appointment occurs within 120 days of the receipt of workers’ compensation income benefits
- The right to change from one doctor on the employer’s list of doctors to another doctor on the same list
- Reimbursement for mileage incurred when traveling to and from medical appointments
- The right to have a light-duty job description reviewed and approved by the treating physician before returning to work
- The right to payment of weekly income benefits after seven days of disability, if excused from work by the treating physician
- Payment of a partial weekly income benefit when you’re able to return to work, but can only get a lower paying job as a result of your injuries
- Payment of a weekly income benefit if the treating physician determines you have a permanent injury
Protect Your Right To Workers’ Compensation Benefits In Georgia
If you are not receiving the workers’ compensation benefits that you believe you’re entitled to, call attorney Mark A. Skibiel at 770-400-0963 or toll-free at 877-874-6650 to schedule a free consultation. Hablamos español.