What To Do After A Work Accident
In addition to providing income and medical benefits, the Georgia workers’ compensation laws also include obligations and responsibilities that an injured worker must follow. Failure to follow these rules could affect your right to receive income and medical benefits.
To protect your right to workers’ compensation benefits, call Skibiel Law at 770-872-4329 or toll-free at 877-874-6650. We offer a free attorney consultation to explain the rules you have to follow. With convenient office locations in Jonesboro and Atlanta, we serve clients in the Metro Atlanta area and throughout Georgia.
What Rules Do I Have To Follow If I Am Injured At Work?
Workers’ compensation rules require you to:
- Report the accident immediately to a supervisor. Failure to do so within 30 days can result in the denial of benefits.
- Follow the reasonable safety rules and policies of the employer.
- Accept reasonable medical treatment and attend all medical appointments.
- Attempt to perform light-duty work if the job is reviewed and approved by the treating physician.
- Do not make any false statements about your accident or the nature of your injuries.
- Submit to drug and or alcohol tests following the accident if you’re requested to do so by your employer.
- Attend second opinion medical appointments set up by the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company.
Get Answers To Your Questions About Workers’ Comp Rules
If your employer or their workers’ compensation insurance company is requesting that you do something that is not legally reasonable or necessary, call lawyer Mark A. Skibiel at 770-872-4329 or toll-free at 877-874-6650 to schedule a free consultation. Hablamos español.