We Work To Make SSDI Applications Easier
Some people are denied SSDI benefits because they are not truly disabled. However, many people with legitimate illnesses and impairments are turned down for technical reasons or for lack of medical evidence to support their claim. These problems can be avoided or overcome with the help of a knowledgeable disability lawyer.
At Skibiel Law, we invite people to contact us early in the process of applying for Social Security Disability benefits. Our advice and review will give you the best chance of success in the early stages of the claims process. If your claim is denied — as the majority of initial claims are — our familiarity with you and your medical files will help us advocate for you through the appeals process.
Applying For Social Security Disability In Georgia
Our Jonesboro law firm represents Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) applicants in Clayton County, Henry County, Fayette County, Fulton County and throughout Metro Atlanta. Attorney Joshua Landers will personally handle your case and work closely with you and your doctors to put you in position for success.
We have been successful with both physical and mental impairment claims. We can advocate for you at every stage of the process:
- Initial consideration — We help clients “fill in the blanks” on their applications so that the SSA can make a determination based on the listed criteria or special considerations (age, education, multiple health problems).
- Reconsideration — If you received a Notice of Denial, you can request a formal review. We will help you update your medical records and meet the deadlines. About 90 percent of claim denials are upheld on reconsideration, but this is a necessary step and you cannot miss the deadline.
- Disability hearing — You have 60 days to request a hearing before an administrative law judge (ALJ) who only considers SSDI cases. The ALJ hearing is your opportunity to tell your story in person and represents your best chance of winning benefits. We will prepare you for this important but intimidating court appearance.
- Appeals Council — If the judge upholds your denial of benefits, we can ask the SSA’s Appeals Council to determine if the judge followed the law and made the right decision based on the evidence presented. The council can grant benefits, deny benefits or send the case back to the ALJ for a re-hearing.
- Court appeals — If there is a question of law, an unfavorable ruling in the administrative process can be appealed in the appellate courts of Georgia.
Pursuing Justice For The Disabled
This is a long and frustrating process, but we know how important this is for you and we know what it takes to advocate for your SSDI benefits.
- Workers’ Compensation
- What To Do If You’re Injured At Work Or On The Job
- What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied
- Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
- Medical Treatment Problems
- Settlement of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Dealing With a Light Duty Work Release
- Catastrophic Injury and Death Cases
- Back, Neck and Herniated Disk Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation Injuries
- Repetitive Use & Carpal Tunnel Injuries
- Knee, Ankle & Foot Injuries
- Work Injuries Involving Arms, Hands & Shoulders
- Loss Of Hearing Or Vision
- Burn Injuries
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits If I’m Fired After A Work Accident?
- When Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Income Benefits?
- Can I Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits As An Undocumented Worker?
- Who Is Responsible For Payment Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits To An Undocumented Worker?
- Can I Sue My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Can I Sue Someone Other Than My Employer For A Work Injury?
- Am I Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits Following A Positive Drug Or Alcohol Test?
- Workplace Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Social Security Disability Insurance
-Royce – Fayetteville, Georgia – Work Injury
– Derry – Riverdale, Georgia – Work Injury
– Ronald – Stockbridge, Georgia – Work Injury
– Timmy A.